Kawasaki ZX-4R Forum banner

Who has left a deposit on a version of the ZX4R(R)

Deposits

6K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  Ditchpig 
#1 ·
Okay, who has committed to a deposit on a ZX4R(R) ?

✅ if you have.

Waiting on a ZX4RR in WNC here in the 🇺🇲.

#6 · (Edited)
When the ZX4RR was revealed on Feb 1, I passed on the idea of putting down a deposit because I thought the price was too high and I already have a 2021 ZX6R KRT ABS. My original estimate was between 7500 and 8500 so 9700 seemed excessive.

So what changed my mind? I was watching Platoon and this scene changed my mind, no joke. I watched a documentary on Platoon called Band of Brothers which was a really great documentary by the way and I highly recommend it. After watching the documentary I decided to watch Platoon again and this scene really got me thinking, and so down went the deposit on the ZX4RR.

#13 ·
Got my deposit for one at SouthMS PowerSports where I bought my Ninja400. 🙌😎

They almost didn't want to take my deposit because they said they dont know when they'll be getting one until I explained to them I'm in no hurry and can wait.😁

I was the only one on any list for this bike but where I live the bike scene is kind of dead unless it's a Harley. 🫢🤢🤮

#14 ·
Put in my deposit at the morning of unveiled announcement, I was the first to do an online request at my local retailer. They already had the ZX-4RR added in their drop down list, They gave me a call and said they would cater to the locals first who were their previous customers (lol), well fortunately I bought bikes from them before and I was a local resident. So they call me back and asked if I'd like to be number 1 on their list. I put my deposit down and will be getting their 1st of 3 that they are allocated to this year. They said March. Their 2nd one comes in April and the 3rd could be October. Anyone else here from Cali that put a deposit? :alien:

#19 · (Edited)
PRE-ORDERED this mofo. Had to be the rare Single R and I'll tell you why:

Picture this: You are walking downtown and get startled by a piercing yet beautiful sound. A vision! A curious small dark object making a giant fuss. You are reminded of the knight rider and wonder "That could work as a good spinoff" as the it screams at slow coasting speed. It looks like it wants to blast off. It accelerates 4kph higher and it ROARS to the buildings. In daze you finally realize you are looking at a motorcycle. Modified black exhaust, no labels. You can't tell what type of motorcycle though. Is it an 6R or a 10R. "Or maybe it must be a new concept being brought to the set of a new death race movie" you imagine.

Later that night you go home and tell your girlfriend and call your mother and tell her about the mysterious black unicorn. Your mother feels pity that her son never got into motorcycles enough but she's too nice to express it. She knows Tom Cruise has this, Keanu Reeves has that, Jason Statham has those, but what of her son? He has emptiness.

Your girlfriend becomes mentally violated with passionate thoughts. Wondering about the mysterious sexy dark knight riding to its destination in such a tame but mistakable beast with wheels. "
it is not suppose to be flying through the scene of monster movie. It is a love story" she thinks. She imagines a thunderstorm and the water streaming down the darkness of the bike. A mess of spraying madness in all directions from the wheels on the black surface. He is coming to make sweet love to her...if he has time. He wants to tour across country and every street with it and that's way more noble and important and she understands of course as would any other woman in her position. "I will wait eternity for him" She concludes.

As life goes you and your girl accept that you both will never know what is it was and more importantly who it was. You learn to cope with the regret as life goes on.

#20 ·
PRE-ORDERED this mofo. Had to be the rare Single R and I'll tell you why:

Picture this: You are walking downtown and get startled by a piercing yet beautiful sound. A vision! A curious small dark object making a giant fuss. You are reminded of the knight rider serious and think "That could work as a spinoff" as the it screams at slow speed coasting. It looks like it wants to blast off. It accelerates 4kph higher and it ROARS to the buildings. In daze you finally realize you are looking at a motorcycle. Modified black exhaust, no labels. You can't tell what type of motorcycle though. Is it an 6R or a 10R. It is then you realize that it must be a new concept being brought to the set of a new death race movie.

Later that night you go home and tell your girlfriend and call your mother and tell her about the mysterious black unicorn. Your mother feel pity that her son never got into motorcycles enough to know what it was but she's too nice to express it. Your girlfriend becomes mentally violated most passionate thoughts. Wondering about the mysterious sexy dark knight riding to it's destination in such a tame but mistakable beast with wheels. "it is not suppose to be flying through the scene of monster movie. It is a love story" she thinks. She imagines a thunderstorm and the water streaming down the darkness of the bike. A mess of spraying madness in all directions from the wheels on the black surface. He is coming to make sweet love to her...if he has time. He wants to tour across country and every street with it and that's way more noble and important and she understands of course as would any other woman in her position. "I will wait eternity for him" She concludes.

As life goes you and your girl accept that you both will never know what is it was and more importantly who it was. You learn to cope with the regret as life goes on.
Please subscribe me to your newsletter.

#24 · (Edited)
Well, I hated to do it by I had to cancel my ZX4RR order for now. My cat needed emergency surgery and that cost over 5k. On top of that I went out and put a down payment on a 2023 Mazda Cx5 Turbo. So for now I will just have to live with the 2021 ZX6R, a Turbo SUV, and a 5k cat. I still may buy a ZX4 but for now I needed to change priorities and I didn't want to hog up a spot on this limited edition bike.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Plant

#25 ·
Well, I hated to do it by I had to cancel my ZX4RR order for now. My cat needed emergency surgery and that cost over 5k. On top of that I went out and put a down payment on a 2023 Mazda Cx5 Turbo. So for now I will just have to live with the 2021 ZX6R, a Turbo SUV, and a 5k cat. I still may buy a ZX4 but for now I needed to change priorities and I didn't want to hog up a spot on this limited edition bike.
You did the right thing by your little furry child. :love:

#26 · (Edited)
My dealership has 3 allocated and all 3 had deposits with me being the first in line. There was a 4th person waiting in line so he was able to secure the third spot after I dropped out. The dealership thanked me for being considerate of others and not waiting until the last minute to cancel as I could have waited until the bike showed up at the dealership to cancel.

They expect the ZX4 to start arriving in the next 30 days.

I was looking forward to a new forum since this is how I feel about the ZX6 forum. The 400 group is a much more informative, down to earth group, much less ego and stupidity.

#35 ·
Mine is getting paid via debit card.
I worked hard for that money and it'll leave a nice dent in my account but it'll be worth it.
I hate owing anybody or institution and try to stay debt free.

Track days will have to wait until next year. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I'll be fully healed by then and have some savings back to do a few track days next year barring a meltdown in our economy.

At the interest rates of most dealers financing I say a heck no. When I bought my Ninja400 I asked about financing as an option but the interest rate was not happening. Debit card paid and done.

#36 ·
Mine is getting paid via debit card.
I worked hard for that money and it'll leave a nice dent in my account but it'll be worth it.
I hate owing anybody or institution and try to stay debt free.

Track days will have to wait until next year. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I'll be fully healed by then and have some savings back to do a few track days next year barring a meltdown in our economy.

At the interest rates of most dealers financing I say a heck no. When I bought my Ninja400 I asked about financing as an option but the interest rate was not happening. Debit card paid and done.
Why a debit card? I bought my Ninja 400 on one of my credit cards (the dealer didn't charge me for it) and it was almost enough for a round-trip plane ticket for two people. Or sign up for a credit card with a good sign-up bonus, and you will meet your spend and get up to $1000 worth of transferable points for it. Plus the protection you get with cards like Amex Platinum or Chase Sapphire Reserve.

#47 ·
I was told by my dealer late March.
Honestly when it gets here I'll be happy no matter how long from now.

I'll be one of the few that won't ride it until early 2024 when I've finished building the bike the way I want it.
My other bikes make me happy as it is but this 4RR is the crème de le crème of what I have with 2 wheels so it will be well taken care of. 🤙

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.